Indian film actor & comedian, Brahmanandam Kanneganti holds tremendous records in film industry with his work.
59 years old Brahmanandam started his career as a Telugu lecturer in an Attili-based college. This place is a small town in the West Godavari district of the residuary Andhra Pradesh.
He is considered as one of the most versatile comedians in the Indian film industry. He is famous for his comic expressions he had brought in the films.
Also, he earned his more recognition & fame when :
- He earned a spot in the Guinness World Records for acting in 857 Telugu films in 20 years in 2007.
- Filmfare Best Comedian Award (Telugu) for Manmadhudu(2002).
- Nandi Award for Best Male Comedian three times Money, Vinodham & Ready.
- In January 2009, the government of India bestowed the title of Padma Shri, fourth highest civilian award, on Brahmanandam for his contributions to art.
- He also earned Best Actor in a Comic Role in Dookudu at The Hyderabad Times Film Awards (2011).
Fame invites controversies. It was found that the actor had misused his Padma Shri Award in a recently released film by the name Denikaina Reddy. Court favored petitioner stating that no national award gives title to be used as prefix or suffix & Brahmanandan was given notice for his Padma Shri’s forfeiture.
Brahmanandam has challenged the orders of High Court in the apex court. Subsequently, the Supreme court of India, has ordered him to file a response.
featured image source : myfirstshow.com